Toronto boy, 16, dies after being shot
Sep 2, 2013 / 8:12 am
Gun violence has claimed another teenager in Toronto.
Police say a 16-year-old boy is dead after he was shot in the northwest end of the city.
Officers were called to an apartment building on Weston Road, near Lawrence Avenue, around midnight.
Police say the teen had no vital signs when he was rushed to hospital, and soon after was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made, and no other details have been released.
Several teenagers have been shot to death in Toronto this summer in a spate of violence that has alarmed both police and community activists.
Read more Canada News
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement