Toronto boy, 16, dies after being shot
Sep 2, 2013 / 8:12 am
Gun violence has claimed another teenager in Toronto.
Police say a 16-year-old boy is dead after he was shot in the northwest end of the city.
Officers were called to an apartment building on Weston Road, near Lawrence Avenue, around midnight.
Police say the teen had no vital signs when he was rushed to hospital, and soon after was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made, and no other details have been released.
Several teenagers have been shot to death in Toronto this summer in a spate of violence that has alarmed both police and community activists.
Read more Canada News
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties