Child responsible for boy's death
Sep 1, 2013 / 7:27 am
Mounties say the person they believe is responsible for the death a six-year-old boy in a Saskatchewan community is also a child.
An RCMP spokesman confirms in an email that the person is under 12, but that further details won't be available until a news conference on Tuesday.
Lee Bonneau was found fatally injured on the Kahkewistahaw (kack-ah-WISH'-ta-haw) First Nation last Wednesday.
He died in hospital from his wounds, which RCMP say were consistent with an assault.
Lee was last seen playing outside the community's recreation centre while his foster mother was inside playing bingo.
RCMP say the chief of the community, Sheldon Taypotat, will be at the news conference along with officials from the province's justice ministry and family services department.
Read more Canada News
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais