DC-3 misses runway in Yellowknife
Aug 19, 2013 / 8:59 pm
A DC-3 has landed short of the runway at the Yellowknife airport.
Chris Krepski of the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, says the plane was enroute early Monday night to Hay River, N.W.T. from Yellowknife.
He says shortly after takeoff, the flight crew declared an emergency and returned to Yellowknife to land.
But Krepski says the plane landed short of the runway, landing on its belly.
He says there were no injuries to the three crew and 21 passengers.
TSB officials will be in Yellowknife on Tuesday morning to investigate.
Read more Canada News
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties
- Canada to file Arctic seafloor claim
- Fish-farm's still stuck on Atlantic salmon
- Families remember deadly plane crash
- Four teens killed after crash on NB Hwy
- $50-million Lotto Max jackpot unclaimed
- Pot-smoking Mountie returns serge