DC-3 misses runway in Yellowknife
Aug 19, 2013 / 8:59 pm
A DC-3 has landed short of the runway at the Yellowknife airport.
Chris Krepski of the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, says the plane was enroute early Monday night to Hay River, N.W.T. from Yellowknife.
He says shortly after takeoff, the flight crew declared an emergency and returned to Yellowknife to land.
But Krepski says the plane landed short of the runway, landing on its belly.
He says there were no injuries to the three crew and 21 passengers.
TSB officials will be in Yellowknife on Tuesday morning to investigate.
Read more Canada News
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford