Newborn declared dead, now stable
Feb 17, 2013 / 8:59 pm
A pair of Toronto police officers are being credited for helping save a newborn who had been declared dead.
It happened after the mother went into labour while walking to a hospital Sunday morning and gave birth on the sidewalk in freezing cold weather.
Paramedics rushed the mother and baby girl to hospital, where the child was declared dead.
Police, who were standing over the baby until the coroner arrived, noticed the sheet covering it's body move.
They found a pulse and alerted doctors.
The baby is now listed in stable condition.
Read more Canada News
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor