Newborn declared dead, now stable
Feb 17, 2013 / 8:59 pm
A pair of Toronto police officers are being credited for helping save a newborn who had been declared dead.
It happened after the mother went into labour while walking to a hospital Sunday morning and gave birth on the sidewalk in freezing cold weather.
Paramedics rushed the mother and baby girl to hospital, where the child was declared dead.
Police, who were standing over the baby until the coroner arrived, noticed the sheet covering it's body move.
They found a pulse and alerted doctors.
The baby is now listed in stable condition.
Read more Canada News
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance