Winning musher gets Klondike gold
Feb 11, 2013 / 11:34 am
A musher from Two Rivers, Alaska, has won the 2013 Yukon Quest dog sled race.
Allen Moore crossed the finish line in Fairbanks just before 8 a.m. PT on Monday.
Hugh Neff of Tok, (toke) Alaska, came in second, about an hour and 20 minutes later.
Winning the gruelling 1,600-kilometre race was sweet justice for Moore, who finished second to Neff by a mere 26 seconds last year.
Neff was first into Dawson City and picks up four ounces of Klondike Placer gold by finishing the 30th annual event that began Saturday with 26 mushers and their dog teams.
The third and fourth place mushers, Jake Berkowitz and Brent Sass of Alaska, are also expected to complete the Whitehorse-to-Fairbanks trek on Monday. (CKRW)
Read more Canada News
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man