Winning musher gets Klondike gold
Feb 11, 2013 / 11:34 am
A musher from Two Rivers, Alaska, has won the 2013 Yukon Quest dog sled race.
Allen Moore crossed the finish line in Fairbanks just before 8 a.m. PT on Monday.
Hugh Neff of Tok, (toke) Alaska, came in second, about an hour and 20 minutes later.
Winning the gruelling 1,600-kilometre race was sweet justice for Moore, who finished second to Neff by a mere 26 seconds last year.
Neff was first into Dawson City and picks up four ounces of Klondike Placer gold by finishing the 30th annual event that began Saturday with 26 mushers and their dog teams.
The third and fourth place mushers, Jake Berkowitz and Brent Sass of Alaska, are also expected to complete the Whitehorse-to-Fairbanks trek on Monday. (CKRW)
Read more Canada News
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty
- Duffy debacle