Man & 3 boys killed in Cessna crash
Feb 11, 2013 / 7:30 am
A man and three boys are dead after a small private plane crashed near Waskada in southwestern Manitoba.
Waskada Mayor Gary Williams says the community is devastated and all three boys were students at the local school.
There were no survivors.
Williams says the dead include the pilot and two of his sons along with a boy who was a family friend.
Williams says the man was a very experienced pilot and had taken the boys on a recreational flight Sunday afternoon.
An Armed Forced search and rescue team found the plane around seven o'clock last night, about an hour after Mounties received a report of a Cessna being over due.
Read more Canada News
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides