Man & 3 boys killed in Cessna crash
Feb 11, 2013 / 7:30 am
A man and three boys are dead after a small private plane crashed near Waskada in southwestern Manitoba.
Waskada Mayor Gary Williams says the community is devastated and all three boys were students at the local school.
There were no survivors.
Williams says the dead include the pilot and two of his sons along with a boy who was a family friend.
Williams says the man was a very experienced pilot and had taken the boys on a recreational flight Sunday afternoon.
An Armed Forced search and rescue team found the plane around seven o'clock last night, about an hour after Mounties received a report of a Cessna being over due.
Read more Canada News
- Montreal Mayor faces 14 charges
- Canada fights online child sex abuse
- Montreal Mayor arrested at his home
- Montreal plot to strike at armoured cars
- Team Canada beats USA, sweeps series
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda