Fatalities in Manitoba Cessna crash
Feb 10, 2013 / 9:35 pm
Early reports from the scene confirm an undetermined number of fatalities following the crash of a Cessna aircraft near Waskada, Manitoba.
The RCMP's Killarney detachment was notified of an overdue aircraft around six o'clock Sunday evening, and the plane was found about an hour later.
It was located after Canadian Forces Search and Rescue Technicians were dispatched to the area.
RCMP Forensic Identification personnel and Transportation Safety Board officials are on scene investigating.
Police say no further information will be released until after the victim's next of kin are notified.
The village of Waskada is in southwestern Manitoba near the U.S. border.
Read more Canada News
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping