Stabbing victim expected to live
Feb 6, 2013 / 5:45 pm
Vancouver police say a woman is still recovering from life-threatening injuries after last week's mass stabbing in a condo building, but she is expected to survive.
Seven people and one police officer were injured in the highrise building in the city's West End during the attack last Thursday night.
Sgt. Randy Fincham says the woman, who was not identified, was moved from critical condition to serious condition and continues to be monitored by medical officials.
He declined to say where the victim sustained her stabbing injuries and says investigators are still trying to determine if the woman knew the accused.
Jerome Bonneric has been charged with four counts of aggravated assault, four counts of assault with a weapon, three counts of common assault and one count of assaulting a police officer.
The 33-year-old appeared in provincial court earlier this week and is expected to undergo a psychiatric assessment.
Read more Canada News
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties