Man wanted sex with 12-year-old
Feb 6, 2013 / 11:56 am
An Ontario man who was found last year in Michigan with a 12-year-old Kansas girl he met on the Internet has admitted his intent was to have sex with the girl.
Twenty-one-year-old Stewart Kenneth Cody McGill, of Bewdley, Ont., pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of travel to engage in illicit sexual conduct.
Under the plea deal, the parties are asking the judge to impose an eight-year prison sentence.
Authorities say McGill travelled in May 2012 to El Dorado to meet the girl.
They were found a few days later near Potterville, Mich.
The girl told authorities at the time she went with McGill willingly.
Prosecutors say McGill told police he met the girl playing "World of Warcraft" online and loved her.
Sentencing is April 24.
Read more Canada News
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers