Man wanted sex with 12-year-old
Feb 6, 2013 / 11:56 am
An Ontario man who was found last year in Michigan with a 12-year-old Kansas girl he met on the Internet has admitted his intent was to have sex with the girl.
Twenty-one-year-old Stewart Kenneth Cody McGill, of Bewdley, Ont., pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of travel to engage in illicit sexual conduct.
Under the plea deal, the parties are asking the judge to impose an eight-year prison sentence.
Authorities say McGill travelled in May 2012 to El Dorado to meet the girl.
They were found a few days later near Potterville, Mich.
The girl told authorities at the time she went with McGill willingly.
Prosecutors say McGill told police he met the girl playing "World of Warcraft" online and loved her.
Sentencing is April 24.
Read more Canada News
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery