Quebec company to offer trips into space
Feb 1, 2013 / 8:17 am
Canadians dreaming about becoming a space tourist now have another choice.
Space Expedition Corp. and Xcor Aerospace have signed a deal with Quebec travel agency Uniktour to offer suborbital flights in the Quebec market.
A similar deal is in the works for the rest of the Canadian market and is set to be announced in the coming days in Toronto.
Uniktour president Philippe Bergeron will be the first Canadian to experience a suborbital flight this December.
He will travel in the Lynx Mark 1 space plane, which is still undergoing tests.
Another company, Virgin Galactic, has already been taking reservations and hopes to begin its space tourism flights in 2014.
Read more Canada News
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play
- 200 flee foothills fires in Alberta
- Hadfield: Social media's Space Oddity
- Evacuation orders from Alberta wildfires
- Mother's heart broken on Mother's Day
- Bodychecking banned in Nova Scotia