Charge it - Visa is back up
Jan 28, 2013 / 7:29 pm
A nationwide Visa outage appeared to be resolved by Monday night as the credit card company said a network issue at a third-party processor was to blame.
The problem, Visa said, did not lie with the Visa network.
A Visa spokeswoman said a power outage at payment processor Tsys resulted in the failure of some payment transactions.
The company said it provided back up processing assistance where possible until operations returned to normal.
Royal Bank of Canada (TSX:RY) and TD Canada Trust (TSX:TD) were among the big banks who had said their customers were being affected by the outage. Some self-serve transaction systems were also affected.
Both banks confirmed their Visa cards were working again by Monday night, delivering the news through their official Twitter accounts.
Read more Canada News
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty
- Duffy debacle
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found