Torso found in Kitchener garbage bin
Jan 27, 2013 / 7:03 pm
Homicide detectives are investigating after a human torso was found in a garbage bin in Kitchener, Ont.
Police say the remains were discovered around 11 a.m. Saturday behind an apartment building in the city's north end.
Investigators say the torso is that of a white woman of unknown age and identity.
Police say the woman wore a black T-shirt with the words "Forget princess I want to be a vampire" on the front.
Insp. Kevin Thaler says police want to hear from anyone who may have spotted any suspicious activity in the area.
"There are people out there that will know what happened here, and why it happened here," Thaler told a news conference.
"We'll appeal to anybody with information to come forward and ... give peace of mind to a family at least and identify who this person is."
Police have not recovered any other body parts.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday in Hamilton.
Read more Canada News
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides