Dope train derailed
Jan 25, 2013 / 3:16 pm
A plan to transport marijuana by train has come off the tracks in Winnipeg.
Winnipeg police met a Via Rail train coming from Vancouver on Thursday night at the station.
Officers and a sniffer dog discovered $2,400 in cash and two large suitcases with 25 kilograms of marijuana distributed between them in the train's baggage car.
Const. Jason Michalyshen (mih-kuh-LIH'-shehn) says the pot was in vacuum-sealed bags that were packed neatly and tightly in the luggage.
Charged with trafficking and possessing proceeds of crime are 24-year-old Allan Norman Caswell and 22-year-old Mario Mazzuca.
Police say the men were from Ontario, but did not say which town or city they were from.
Read more Canada News
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter