Ontario couple delivers baby on hwy
Jan 24, 2013 / 8:55 am
An Ontario cop helped deliver a baby in a car on the side of busy highway early this morning.
Halton Region police say they got a call just after 3:30 a.m. from a couple who had pulled over onto the shoulder of Highway 401, just east of Highway 25.
The couple, from Milton, Ont., were heading to a nearby hospital for their baby's birth when they called for help.
Sgt. Ryan Snow responded to the call and minutes later -- in the midst of heavy traffic and a -18 C wind chill -- helped deliver a baby girl.
Police say the baby and her parents are all doing well and the mother and daughter were taken to Milton District Hospital by ambulance for precautionary reasons.
It's the second child for the couple.
Read more Canada News
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs