Teen boy shot dead by brother,12
Jan 21, 2013 / 7:46 pm
Montreal police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was shot to death at a home in suburban Dorval, Que.
Const. Daniel Lacoursiere says an emergency call was received around 5:30 p.m. Monday and police arrived to find the teen suffering from appeared to be a gunshot wound.
He says the teen died after being taken to hospital.
Lacoursiere says a 12-year-old boy who was at the scene was taken to hospital as well, where he met with investigators.
Police are not calling the incident a homicide, but say the Major Crimes Unit is investigating as a death occurred.
Emergency response technicians have reportedly told Montreal radio station CJAD that the 12-year-old appeared to have shot his 16-year-old brother by accident.
The station also says the mother of the boys has been taken to hospital to be treated for shock.
(The Canadian Press/CJAD)
Read more Canada News
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties
- Canada to file Arctic seafloor claim
- Fish-farm's still stuck on Atlantic salmon
- Families remember deadly plane crash
- Four teens killed after crash on NB Hwy
- $50-million Lotto Max jackpot unclaimed
- Pot-smoking Mountie returns serge