Teen boy shot dead by brother,12
Jan 21, 2013 / 7:46 pm
Montreal police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was shot to death at a home in suburban Dorval, Que.
Const. Daniel Lacoursiere says an emergency call was received around 5:30 p.m. Monday and police arrived to find the teen suffering from appeared to be a gunshot wound.
He says the teen died after being taken to hospital.
Lacoursiere says a 12-year-old boy who was at the scene was taken to hospital as well, where he met with investigators.
Police are not calling the incident a homicide, but say the Major Crimes Unit is investigating as a death occurred.
Emergency response technicians have reportedly told Montreal radio station CJAD that the 12-year-old appeared to have shot his 16-year-old brother by accident.
The station also says the mother of the boys has been taken to hospital to be treated for shock.
(The Canadian Press/CJAD)
Read more Canada News
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping
- FIFA says turbans are acceptable
- Crown cops 'colluded' on Dziekanski
- Squirrel takes whirl in toilet
- Via Rail's new offer represents wage cuts