Findlay endorsed for Lib leadership
Jan 20, 2013 / 10:52 am
Martha Hall Findlay today announced that Jonathan Moulsey, former prospective candidate for the leadership of the Liberal Party, is endorsing her bid for leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.
"I am absolutely thrilled to have Jonathan join my team," said Ms. Hall Findlay. "Jonathan brings considerable experience from the private and public sectors, and is deeply versed in public policy. He is an extraordinary individual who is committed to working to renew the Liberal Party of Canada."
Jonathan will be joining Martha Hall Findlay's campaign as the Policy Outreach Chair.
"I entered the race," said Mr. Mousley, "in order to ensure that Canadians had real choice in the leadership contest. There are clearly a number of outstanding candidates in the race now. I am pleased to be standing with Martha as the candidate who, I believe, can best lead the Liberal Party to re-engage with Canadians and articulate thoughtful policy positions which reflect and respond to their real day-to-day concerns."
"Like Martha, I believe we need to respond to the hopes and desires of Canadians for a government that promotes economic growth, social justice and environmental sustainability, and exercises fiscal responsibility."
Jonathan Mousley is currently on leave from his position as a senior economist with the Ontario Ministry of Finance.
Read more Canada News
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais