Findlay endorsed for Lib leadership
Jan 20, 2013 / 10:52 am
Martha Hall Findlay today announced that Jonathan Moulsey, former prospective candidate for the leadership of the Liberal Party, is endorsing her bid for leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.
"I am absolutely thrilled to have Jonathan join my team," said Ms. Hall Findlay. "Jonathan brings considerable experience from the private and public sectors, and is deeply versed in public policy. He is an extraordinary individual who is committed to working to renew the Liberal Party of Canada."
Jonathan will be joining Martha Hall Findlay's campaign as the Policy Outreach Chair.
"I entered the race," said Mr. Mousley, "in order to ensure that Canadians had real choice in the leadership contest. There are clearly a number of outstanding candidates in the race now. I am pleased to be standing with Martha as the candidate who, I believe, can best lead the Liberal Party to re-engage with Canadians and articulate thoughtful policy positions which reflect and respond to their real day-to-day concerns."
"Like Martha, I believe we need to respond to the hopes and desires of Canadians for a government that promotes economic growth, social justice and environmental sustainability, and exercises fiscal responsibility."
Jonathan Mousley is currently on leave from his position as a senior economist with the Ontario Ministry of Finance.
Read more Canada News
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies