Boy, 13, charged with sex assault
Jan 17, 2013 / 11:48 am
A 13-year-old boy is facing charges after police in Peterborough, Ont., allege a female staff member at an area school was choked and sexually assaulted.
Peterborough Lakefield Community Police say the woman told them she was alone in a classroom at about 3:10 p.m. Wednesday with the boy when she was attacked.
Police allege the boy came up behind her, choked her and sexually assaulted her by trying to take off some of her clothing.
Neither police nor the school board will identify the school, but the board says the woman is a child and youth worker.
The 13-year-old was arrested at school soon after and was charged with sexual assault and overcoming resistance to commit an indictable offence, in relation to the alleged choking.
The boy, who can't be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was held in custody overnight and is set to appear in court today.
Peter Mangold, the superintendent of education at the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board, said the staff member is doing all right, considering the circumstances.
Read more Canada News
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill