Dog day afternoon for US Customs
Jan 16, 2013 / 10:21 am
An Ontario boy distraught since the family dog ran off during a US customs check in Detroit is the proud owner of a new pooch.
The Detroit Free Press reports an agent with US.Customs and Border Protection delivered the new dog to nine-year-old Joseph Wilcken over the weekend.
The Waterloo, Ont., family's previous dog, Ash, got loose Dec. 21 at the Ambassador Bridge.
A U.S. customs agent ran down the bridge ramp in pursuit of Ash, followed by Joseph's father, Niels Wilcken.
Joseph's mother, Ana Wilcken, says the new dog -- Coco -- is the same kind of dog as Ash, a Jack Russell terrier and pug mix.
She says her son was very upset through the holidays, but now is "so happy."
Read more Canada News
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping
- FIFA says turbans are acceptable
- Crown cops 'colluded' on Dziekanski
- Squirrel takes whirl in toilet
- Via Rail's new offer represents wage cuts