Canadian couple found slain in Florida
Jan 11, 2013 / 6:32 am
The bodies of a Canadian couple have been found inside their townhouse in Hallandale Beach, Florida.
The Miami Herald reports the couple were discovered after a concerned neighbour found them inside their townhouse in the eastern Florida community between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Hallandale Beach police spokeswoman Sonia Quinones told the newspaper the neighbour had a key to the townhouse and went to check on the couple late Thursday afternoon.
The man and woman, believed to be in their 70s, had failed to show up for lunch with the neighbour on Wednesday and had not answered repeated phone calls.
Police, who were still at the home late Thursday, said the names of the victims would not be released until relatives were notified.
The Herald reports the couple was known to spend winters in Hallandale Beach.
Read more Canada News
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties