BC woman is first millionaire of 2013
Jan 5, 2013 / 7:27 am
A Port Coquitlam, B.C. woman is Canada's first lottery millionaire of 2013.
Jessica Williams matched all six numbers in the first Lotto 6-49 draw of the year to win almost $3.5 million.
She says she discovered the win after filling her car at a gas station while heading back to work on Jan. 3.
Immediately after leaving the gas station, Williams says she just sat in her car and cried and is "still numb."
Williams says she bought the ticket at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Coquitlam while picking up some groceries on New Year's Day and "always hoped and prayed" that she would win big one day.
Williams plans to help family members, do some travelling, get her own place and car and "can`t wait to go shopping."
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff