BC woman is first millionaire of 2013
Jan 5, 2013 / 7:27 am
A Port Coquitlam, B.C. woman is Canada's first lottery millionaire of 2013.
Jessica Williams matched all six numbers in the first Lotto 6-49 draw of the year to win almost $3.5 million.
She says she discovered the win after filling her car at a gas station while heading back to work on Jan. 3.
Immediately after leaving the gas station, Williams says she just sat in her car and cried and is "still numb."
Williams says she bought the ticket at a Shoppers Drug Mart in Coquitlam while picking up some groceries on New Year's Day and "always hoped and prayed" that she would win big one day.
Williams plans to help family members, do some travelling, get her own place and car and "can`t wait to go shopping."
Read more Canada News
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides