Ontario toddler found dead
Jan 2, 2013 / 9:28 am
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. - Police allege a 24-year-old woman in Mississauga, Ont., killed her two-year-old daughter on New Year's Day.
Peel Region police say they were called to a home Tuesday afternoon on Colonial Drive in the city west of Toronto for a report of a disturbance.
When they arrived they say they found a woman behaving "strangely."
Two-year-old Evadne Williams-Scott was found with no vital signs and "obvious signs of trauma."
Her mother, Teresa Williams, is set to appear in court in Brampton, Ont., today and police say she will face a charge of second-degree murder.
It's the city's first homicide of the year.
Read more Canada News
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play