Pie crusts recalled because of egg
Dec 30, 2012 / 9:37 am
Some Kinnikinnick Foods pie crusts are being recalled because they contain egg that isn't declared on the label.
The affected pie crusts were sold in 290 gram packages with best before dates of Nov. 20th and 21st, 2013 and Dec. 11th and 14th, 2013 (upc 6 20133 00600 9).
The product was sold in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, and possibly the rest of the country.
There have been no reported reactions associated with the pie crusts, which could cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people allergic to egg.
Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. of Edmonton is voluntarily recalling the product, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
Read more Canada News
- Montreal Mayor faces 14 charges
- Canada fights online child sex abuse
- Montreal Mayor arrested at his home
- Montreal plot to strike at armoured cars
- Team Canada beats USA, sweeps series
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda