Pie crusts recalled because of egg
Dec 30, 2012 / 9:37 am
Some Kinnikinnick Foods pie crusts are being recalled because they contain egg that isn't declared on the label.
The affected pie crusts were sold in 290 gram packages with best before dates of Nov. 20th and 21st, 2013 and Dec. 11th and 14th, 2013 (upc 6 20133 00600 9).
The product was sold in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, and possibly the rest of the country.
There have been no reported reactions associated with the pie crusts, which could cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people allergic to egg.
Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. of Edmonton is voluntarily recalling the product, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
Read more Canada News
- Putin rattles sabre over Canada's claim
- WestJet surprises weary travellers
- New RCMP unit to fight human trafficking
- Rob Ford blames problems on police
- Reporter wants $100,000 in Furlong case
- Cop gets 45 days in jail for G20 assault
- Mother petitions over confiscated inhaler
- Viper venom may stop heart attacks
- HootSuite to help young entrepreneurs
- Cdn businessman killed says report
- Bahrain, Algeria, Iraq get new Cdn guns
- First responders honoured in Quebec