31 charges for shooting at police
Dec 26, 2012 / 7:41 pm
A man accused of shooting at Edmonton police and holding RCMP at bay in a rural motel faces 31 criminal charges, with more pending.
Police say things went wrong Sunday night during a routine traffic stop in Edmonton when the driver of an SUV fired a shot at officers before speeding off.
Edmonton police say they found a suspect on Christmas Day at a motel in Redwater, a rural community north of the capital.
Police say when more shots were fired an RCMP tactical team surrounded the motel and arrested a man after a seven-hour standoff.
Patrick Young, 22, faces aggravated assault on a police officer and 30 other charges, including firearms offences.
Police say RCMP are to lay additional charges.
Read more Canada News
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus