Three rail workers hit by train
Dec 26, 2012 / 1:31 pm
Three rail workers have been rushed to hospital after being hit by a train in northeast Edmonton.
A CN Rail spokesman says an eastbound train leaving Edmonton struck three contract workers around 9 a.m. in the Cloverbar yard.
The spokesman says the trio was performing routine track maintenance at the time.
Edmonton Fire Rescue says the three workers had significant injuries.
Occupational Health and Safety, Edmonton Police and CN Rail are all investigating.
CN rail has not released the name of the company the workers were contracted from.
Read more Canada News
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man