Three rail workers hit by train
Dec 26, 2012 / 1:31 pm
Three rail workers have been rushed to hospital after being hit by a train in northeast Edmonton.
A CN Rail spokesman says an eastbound train leaving Edmonton struck three contract workers around 9 a.m. in the Cloverbar yard.
The spokesman says the trio was performing routine track maintenance at the time.
Edmonton Fire Rescue says the three workers had significant injuries.
Occupational Health and Safety, Edmonton Police and CN Rail are all investigating.
CN rail has not released the name of the company the workers were contracted from.
Read more Canada News
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast