2 people dead in early morning fires
Dec 22, 2012 / 2:01 pm
Authorities in two Prairie provinces are investigating a pair of deadly, early morning fires.
In Manitoba, fire crews were called to a burning house trailer in the Rural Municipality of Springfield, east of Winnipeg.
They found the trailer fully engulfed when they arrived and one person was found dead inside.
In Saskatoon, firefighters from five different crews responded to reports of an apartment fire in the city's east end.
An elderly woman was pulled from the apartment, but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Crews in Regina were also battling a massive blaze at a condo under construction in the city's east end.
People had yet to move into that building.
Read more Canada News
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping
- FIFA says turbans are acceptable
- Crown cops 'colluded' on Dziekanski