2 people dead in early morning fires
Dec 22, 2012 / 2:01 pm
Authorities in two Prairie provinces are investigating a pair of deadly, early morning fires.
In Manitoba, fire crews were called to a burning house trailer in the Rural Municipality of Springfield, east of Winnipeg.
They found the trailer fully engulfed when they arrived and one person was found dead inside.
In Saskatoon, firefighters from five different crews responded to reports of an apartment fire in the city's east end.
An elderly woman was pulled from the apartment, but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Crews in Regina were also battling a massive blaze at a condo under construction in the city's east end.
People had yet to move into that building.
Read more Canada News
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais