Montreal body linked to Mafia
Dec 9, 2012 / 7:16 am
Montreal police are linking the discovery of a man's body in the city to organized crime.
Police say the victim, a man in his 50s, is well known to them, but they are not revealing his identity.
Police say they received a tip and discovered the body inside a vehicle Saturday morning.
They say the man suffered serious injuries to his upper body, but won't disclose whether a firearm was used.
Investigators were on the scene well into Saturday afternoon.
Police say they have no suspects.
There have been a number of killings in Montreal in the past couple of years involving family members or associates of reputed Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto, including his father and his son.
Rizzuto, 66, served eight years in an American prison on racketeering charges and was immediately deported back to Canada upon his release in October.
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff