Montreal body linked to Mafia
Dec 9, 2012 / 7:16 am
Montreal police are linking the discovery of a man's body in the city to organized crime.
Police say the victim, a man in his 50s, is well known to them, but they are not revealing his identity.
Police say they received a tip and discovered the body inside a vehicle Saturday morning.
They say the man suffered serious injuries to his upper body, but won't disclose whether a firearm was used.
Investigators were on the scene well into Saturday afternoon.
Police say they have no suspects.
There have been a number of killings in Montreal in the past couple of years involving family members or associates of reputed Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto, including his father and his son.
Rizzuto, 66, served eight years in an American prison on racketeering charges and was immediately deported back to Canada upon his release in October.
Read more Canada News
- Viper venom may stop heart attacks
- HootSuite to help young entrepreneurs
- Cdn businessman killed says report
- Bahrain, Algeria, Iraq get new Cdn guns
- First responders honoured in Quebec
- Fans camp in -40 to score special brew
- Harper leaves today for South Africa
- Let kids with asthma carry puffers
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect