Funeral held today for 3 Que. children
Dec 8, 2012 / 12:30 pm
Funeral services will be held today for three Quebec children found dead last weekend in a home in Drummondville.
The funeral will be held in the town of Acton Vale.
Earlier this week a pile of plush toys were placed on the lawn in front of the home where the children's bodies were discovered.
Mourners also placed a porcelain angel and several white candles emblazoned with the words "hope," "faith" and "love" on a couple of the lower steps.
The children's mother, Sonia Blanchette, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of five-year-old Lorelie, four-year-old Loic and two-year-old Anais.
The 33-year-old woman will undergo a psychiatric assessment to determine if she's fit to stand trial. Her next court appearance is Dec. 14.
Read more Canada News
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty
- Duffy debacle
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole