Funeral held today for 3 Que. children
Dec 8, 2012 / 12:30 pm
Funeral services will be held today for three Quebec children found dead last weekend in a home in Drummondville.
The funeral will be held in the town of Acton Vale.
Earlier this week a pile of plush toys were placed on the lawn in front of the home where the children's bodies were discovered.
Mourners also placed a porcelain angel and several white candles emblazoned with the words "hope," "faith" and "love" on a couple of the lower steps.
The children's mother, Sonia Blanchette, is charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of five-year-old Lorelie, four-year-old Loic and two-year-old Anais.
The 33-year-old woman will undergo a psychiatric assessment to determine if she's fit to stand trial. Her next court appearance is Dec. 14.
Read more Canada News
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man