Flames billow skyward in Montreal
Nov 30, 2012 / 3:17 pm
Spectacular flames and thick billowing smoke could be seen for several kilometres after a major fire erupted Friday in a Montreal building that houses oil reservoirs.
There were no immediate reports of any injuries.
Fire department spokeswoman Elife Breault said nearly 125 firefighters fought the huge blaze.
"It's a company that delivers oil and there are reservoirs and delivery trucks inside," she said in an interview.
"Our firefighters are trying to prevent the flames from reaching adjacent buildings."
Some people who live in the east-end neighbourhood were evacuated from their residences.
Read more Canada News
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike
- Senator Duffy resigns from caucus
- Accused sexual predator to plea guilty