911 called over burning yule log video
Nov 29, 2012 / 1:22 pm
Stand down, Regina, Mosaic Stadium isn't on fire.
People have called 911 over the last few days to report a fire at Mosaic Stadium, where the CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders play.
Deputy fire Chief Gerard Kay says callers have been insistent, describing bright flames and the smell of smoke.
But when firefighters arrived, there was no fire.
Kay says it took them three or four trips before they realized that people were seeing large video screens inside the stadium broadcasting the perennially popular holiday fireplace video.
The fire department has called the Roughriders asking them to change the video, and a spokesperson for the Roughriders confirms it has been taken off.
Read more Canada News
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter