911 called over burning yule log video
Nov 29, 2012 / 1:22 pm
Stand down, Regina, Mosaic Stadium isn't on fire.
People have called 911 over the last few days to report a fire at Mosaic Stadium, where the CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders play.
Deputy fire Chief Gerard Kay says callers have been insistent, describing bright flames and the smell of smoke.
But when firefighters arrived, there was no fire.
Kay says it took them three or four trips before they realized that people were seeing large video screens inside the stadium broadcasting the perennially popular holiday fireplace video.
The fire department has called the Roughriders asking them to change the video, and a spokesperson for the Roughriders confirms it has been taken off.
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff