Two people die from fall through ice
Nov 24, 2012 / 12:15 pm
A 64-year-old Quebec man and his grandson are dead after falling through the ice while going for a skate on a lake near their home.
Quebec provincial police say the nine-year-old boy died in hospital overnight while his grandfather died a few hours earlier.
The pair went skating Friday afternoon on a private lake in Quebec's Eastern Townships and police say the thin ice broke under their weight.
Relatives in the house nearby tried in vain to save the pair.
The boy's grandmother suffered hypothermia in the rescue attempt.
Police are investigating the incident.
Read more Canada News
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties