Landslide shuts down Trans-Canada
Nov 17, 2012 / 7:31 pm
The RCMP say the Trans-Canada Highway in eastern Newfoundland has been shut down because of a landslide.
The Mounties issued a brief statement saying a landslide in the Northwest Brook area east of Clarenville forced the closure of the highway.
Traffic has been rerouted and police say they expected the road to be closed throughout Saturday evening.
Clarenville is about 190 kilometres northwest of St. John's, N.L.
Read more Canada News
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play