23 arrested in Quebec drug raids
Nov 14, 2012 / 9:45 am
Police have arrested 23 people while breaking up an alleged drug-trafficking ring in Quebec.
Some of those arrested are being linked by authorities to criminal biker gangs.
Provincial police also seized cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamine, firearms and about $25,000 in cash during a series of raids.
The arrests took place in different cities and towns in the province's Eastern Townships.
The people nabbed are all men, aged 19 to 52, and members of the group will face various criminal charges ranging from gangsterism, drug-trafficking and conspiracy to traffic.
Read more Canada News
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K
- Canada-EU free-trade talks 'difficult'
- "You robbed me of my son"
- Former army boss to lead Space Agency
- N.S man gets 11 years for kidnapping
- FIFA says turbans are acceptable
- Crown cops 'colluded' on Dziekanski
- Squirrel takes whirl in toilet
- Via Rail's new offer represents wage cuts
- Mayor Ford overshadows police raids
- Police conduct early morning raids in TO