23 arrested in Quebec drug raids
Nov 14, 2012 / 9:45 am
Police have arrested 23 people while breaking up an alleged drug-trafficking ring in Quebec.
Some of those arrested are being linked by authorities to criminal biker gangs.
Provincial police also seized cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamine, firearms and about $25,000 in cash during a series of raids.
The arrests took place in different cities and towns in the province's Eastern Townships.
The people nabbed are all men, aged 19 to 52, and members of the group will face various criminal charges ranging from gangsterism, drug-trafficking and conspiracy to traffic.
Read more Canada News
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill