Third person dies in Que. explosion
Nov 11, 2012 / 10:30 am
A third person has died from injuries related to a powerful explosion earlier this week at a plant in Quebec's Eastern Townships.
Marc Couture, a worker at the plant, died at Montreal hospital on Saturday evening.
Sylvie Robitaille, a spokeswoman for the hospital, says Couture suffered burns on 90 per cent of his body and was in an induced coma.
The bodies of two other people were found in the ruins of the plant.
Robitaille says three people are still in hospital with non life-threatening injuries and that 18 people were injured in total.
The explosion was at a production plant belonging to Neptune Technologies & Bioressources, in Sherbrooke, Que.
The company produces health products, such as Omega-3, derived from marine life.
Read more Canada News
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance