Third person dies in Que. explosion
Nov 11, 2012 / 10:30 am
A third person has died from injuries related to a powerful explosion earlier this week at a plant in Quebec's Eastern Townships.
Marc Couture, a worker at the plant, died at Montreal hospital on Saturday evening.
Sylvie Robitaille, a spokeswoman for the hospital, says Couture suffered burns on 90 per cent of his body and was in an induced coma.
The bodies of two other people were found in the ruins of the plant.
Robitaille says three people are still in hospital with non life-threatening injuries and that 18 people were injured in total.
The explosion was at a production plant belonging to Neptune Technologies & Bioressources, in Sherbrooke, Que.
The company produces health products, such as Omega-3, derived from marine life.
Read more Canada News
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play
- 200 flee foothills fires in Alberta
- Hadfield: Social media's Space Oddity
- Evacuation orders from Alberta wildfires