Slow build for October housing
Nov 8, 2012 / 5:49 am
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp., says the pace of housing starts slowed in October.
The agency says there were 17,507 actual starts last month.
That translates into a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 204,107 starts, down from an annual rate of 223,995 recorded in September.
The agency says there were drops in both single- and multiple-unit starts in urban areas last month.
Declines were recorded in all regions, with Quebec reporting the biggest drop at 16.9 per cent.
Read more Canada News
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs