Slow build for October housing
Nov 8, 2012 / 5:49 am
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp., says the pace of housing starts slowed in October.
The agency says there were 17,507 actual starts last month.
That translates into a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 204,107 starts, down from an annual rate of 223,995 recorded in September.
The agency says there were drops in both single- and multiple-unit starts in urban areas last month.
Declines were recorded in all regions, with Quebec reporting the biggest drop at 16.9 per cent.
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff