Cop killer on the run with a gun
Nov 5, 2012 / 7:24 pm
A convicted cop killer who disappeared from a Montreal halfway house is on the loose and police said Monday that he has already committed two armed robberies.
Pierre Ouellet didn't return to a home in Montreal last week and, according to police, he swiftly obtained a handgun and robbed a pair of Quebec City grocery stores on Thursday and Friday.
Ouellet was sentenced to life in prison for the 1986 slaying of a Montreal police officer, Claude St-Laurent.
He had been pulled over and was able to disarm the constable before shooting him with his own service revolver near Montreal's Olympic Stadium.
A quarter-century behind bars has failed to rehabilitate him, according to police.
Quebec City police said they had surveillance video showing him brandishing a gun at the grocery stores. They have called him armed and dangerous.
Read more Canada News
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence