Cop killer on the run with a gun
Nov 5, 2012 / 7:24 pm
A convicted cop killer who disappeared from a Montreal halfway house is on the loose and police said Monday that he has already committed two armed robberies.
Pierre Ouellet didn't return to a home in Montreal last week and, according to police, he swiftly obtained a handgun and robbed a pair of Quebec City grocery stores on Thursday and Friday.
Ouellet was sentenced to life in prison for the 1986 slaying of a Montreal police officer, Claude St-Laurent.
He had been pulled over and was able to disarm the constable before shooting him with his own service revolver near Montreal's Olympic Stadium.
A quarter-century behind bars has failed to rehabilitate him, according to police.
Quebec City police said they had surveillance video showing him brandishing a gun at the grocery stores. They have called him armed and dangerous.
Read more Canada News
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo