Crime boss found dead in driveway
Nov 5, 2012 / 6:03 am
A reputed Montreal crime boss has been killed in the Laurentides region, about 50 kilometres northwest of the city.
Quebec provincial police say the body of Joseph "Joe" Di Maulo was found by local authorities around 9 p.m. Sunday in the driveway of a residence in Blainville.
They're calling it a homicide.
In the 1990s, Montreal police described Di Maulo as one of the city's leading gangsters.
He was also the brother-in-law of Raynald Desjardins, who is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of the alleged mob boss Salvatore Montagna last year.
Sources say Di Maulo suffered at least two gunshots to the head.
Read more Canada News
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers