Crime boss found dead in driveway
Nov 5, 2012 / 6:03 am
A reputed Montreal crime boss has been killed in the Laurentides region, about 50 kilometres northwest of the city.
Quebec provincial police say the body of Joseph "Joe" Di Maulo was found by local authorities around 9 p.m. Sunday in the driveway of a residence in Blainville.
They're calling it a homicide.
In the 1990s, Montreal police described Di Maulo as one of the city's leading gangsters.
He was also the brother-in-law of Raynald Desjardins, who is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of the alleged mob boss Salvatore Montagna last year.
Sources say Di Maulo suffered at least two gunshots to the head.
Read more Canada News
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career
- Judge approves $35M settlement
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery