Volunteer fireman charged with arson
Nov 3, 2012 / 9:43 pm
A volunteer firefighter in Quebec is being accused of setting fires.
Andre Beaudry faces three counts of arson in connection with fires that were set at homes and businesses in a region east of Montreal.
Yanick Parent, a captain with the Richelieu Saint-Laurent police force, says investigators are still working on the case and the 30-year-old firefighter could face additional charges.
Parent says investigators are looking over evidence in relation to about 20 other fires over a two-year period.
Parent says fortunately there were no injuries or deaths connected with the blazes.
It was not immediately known when Beaudry will appear in court to face the allegations against him.
Read more Canada News
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford