Volunteer fireman charged with arson
Nov 3, 2012 / 9:43 pm
A volunteer firefighter in Quebec is being accused of setting fires.
Andre Beaudry faces three counts of arson in connection with fires that were set at homes and businesses in a region east of Montreal.
Yanick Parent, a captain with the Richelieu Saint-Laurent police force, says investigators are still working on the case and the 30-year-old firefighter could face additional charges.
Parent says investigators are looking over evidence in relation to about 20 other fires over a two-year period.
Parent says fortunately there were no injuries or deaths connected with the blazes.
It was not immediately known when Beaudry will appear in court to face the allegations against him.
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff