Volunteer fireman charged with arson
Nov 3, 2012 / 9:43 pm
A volunteer firefighter in Quebec is being accused of setting fires.
Andre Beaudry faces three counts of arson in connection with fires that were set at homes and businesses in a region east of Montreal.
Yanick Parent, a captain with the Richelieu Saint-Laurent police force, says investigators are still working on the case and the 30-year-old firefighter could face additional charges.
Parent says investigators are looking over evidence in relation to about 20 other fires over a two-year period.
Parent says fortunately there were no injuries or deaths connected with the blazes.
It was not immediately known when Beaudry will appear in court to face the allegations against him.
Read more Canada News
- Putin rattles sabre over Canada's claim
- WestJet surprises weary travellers
- New RCMP unit to fight human trafficking
- Rob Ford blames problems on police
- Reporter wants $100,000 in Furlong case
- Cop gets 45 days in jail for G20 assault
- Mother petitions over confiscated inhaler
- Viper venom may stop heart attacks
- HootSuite to help young entrepreneurs
- Cdn businessman killed says report
- Bahrain, Algeria, Iraq get new Cdn guns
- First responders honoured in Quebec