Canadian found dead in Thai hotel
Oct 27, 2012 / 12:38 am
A Canadian man is reported to have been found dead in Thailand.
The Bangkok Post has reported on its website that the Canadian was found in a Bangkok hotel room this week along with an Australian national.
While there has been no confirmation of the report by Foreign Affairs in Ottawa, the Post says police discovered several bottles of alcohol and a 'white powder' believed to be a drug in their room.
Thai police say it's believed the two men died of a drug overdose, however, an autopsy is being done to determine the cause of death.
Police are also reported to have ordered tests to confirm that the powder is a drug.
Read more Canada News
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast