US Salmonella scare crosses border
Oct 20, 2012 / 8:02 am
A recall of peanut butter products in the U.S. due to possible Salmonella contamination has now been expanded into Canada.
The affected products by Sunland Inc. include PureFit Peanut Butter Crunch bars and PureFit Peanut Butter Crunch Box with a best before date of Mar. 1 2013.
Sunland Inc. raw in shell peanuts sold in bulk are also included in the recall.
No illnesses associated with the products have been reported in Canada, however, there have been reports of Salmonella poisoning related to the products in several U.S. states.
In young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems, salmonellosis can cause serious and sometimes deadly infections.
More information can be found at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website.
Read more Canada News
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers