A singularly unique single malt
Oct 20, 2012 / 7:32 am
An extremely rare bottle of Glenfiddich single malt scotch has sold at auction in Toronto for the Canadian record price of $52,000.
Only 11 bottles of Glenfiddich Janet Sheed Roberts Reserve 55 year old scotch are known to exist, and now one of them belongs to Dave and Paurie, a scotch loving couple from Etobicoke, Ontario who revealed only their first names after placing their winning bid.
Canada's lone bottle of Janet Sheed Roberts Reserve was the first item up for bid Friday in the Vintages auction at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto.
More than 1,100 lots of rare wines valued at $2.3 million will also be offered for bidding at the two-day event.
All proceeds will go to Wounded Warriors, a not-for-profit organization that assists and improves the quality of life of wounded Canadian soldiers and their families.
Read more Canada News
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns