Cash, cocaine and a brothel
Oct 9, 2012 / 8:27 pm
Seven people were arrested Tuesday evening when Quebec provincial police officers raided a brothel in Drummondville, Que.
About 30 police officers took part in the operation.
The seven people arrested include the owner and manager of the strip club.
Police say waitresses and dancers were also arrested for allegedly pimping and trafficking cocaine.
Charges in connection with operating a brothel are expected to be outlined on Wednesday in the city midway between Montreal and Quebec City.
Police say their investigation began in March and revealed that sexual services were being offered at the club in booths and private boxes.
The establishment has been shut down and authorities plan to seize the building.
Read more Canada News
- Over a million on boil-water advisory
- Chief guilty of sexual assault stays chief
- Two face murder in Bosma death
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff