Canadian found dead in England
Sep 29, 2012 / 9:19 pm
A Canadian has been identified as a man police in England found dead at a recycling facility, according to his family.
Brent Elsey says his nephew, Garrett Elsey of Sherwood Park, Alta., had only been in the UK a few hours when police in Bristol found his body on Thursday morning.
A BBC report says police are still working to establish the circumstances surrounding the death, and that officers searched stops where trucks collected bins for the facility.
Elsey, 22, had recently completed a bachelor's degree in history and political science from Ottawa's Carleton University.
His uncle says Elsey was to begin a master's degree in international security in Bristol.
"It's been very, very devastating. It's a very extensive family," Brent Elsey said on Saturday.
"We all thought he was going to turn into something very special."
Brent Elsey says police in the UK contacted the RCMP, who contacted the family.
Read more Canada News
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor