Manhunt on for sexual predators
Sep 27, 2012 / 7:15 am
The RCMP say two men wanted after a 16-year-old boy was allegedly sexually assaulted and forcibly confined in southwestern Nova Scotia could be in separate vehicles.
The Mounties are appealing for the public's help after a Lunenburg County woman reported that a teen arrived at her doorstep Monday evening chained at his wrists and ankles.
The woman said the youth was in his bare feet at the time and wearing only a hooded sweatshirt.
RCMP Sgt. Allain Leblanc says the public should be on the lookout for two vehicles.
Leblanc says one is a grey 2003 Hyundai Elantra with a Nova Scotia licence plate of FBP 233.
He says the second is a brown 2002 Chevrolet Venture van with a Nova Scotia licence plate of EZG 581.
Investigators say they are looking for 47-year-old David James Leblanc and 31-year-old Wayne Alan Cunningham, who they have charged with forcible confinement and sexual assault.
Leblanc says the boy was taken to hospital and is safe, but he wouldn't elaborate.
Read more Canada News
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan