RCMP on another kick to face incident
Sep 26, 2012 / 11:50 am
Alberta RCMP say a man was taunting officers and flexing his muscles for a fight before he was arrested, handcuffed on the ground and kicked in the face.
A video shot on a cell phone by someone at the rowdy party near Cold Lake has been uploaded to YouTube and police are using it to investigate the officer's use of force.
Supt. Randy McGinnis says two officers were having trouble subduing the large man last weekend and one officer kicked him as a stun technique.
That officer has been assigned desk duties while officials investigate.
McGinnis says the arrested man, who is hearing impaired, was not injured and has not made a formal complaint.
Richard Claybert is to appear in court next month and police say he could face charges of causing a disturbance and resisting arrest.
Read more Canada News
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo