Cop killer guilty of raping 10-year-old
Sep 19, 2012 / 3:45 pm
A former Mountie serving life in prison for killing an Ottawa police officer has been convicted of repeatedly sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl in the week before he killed the cop.
An Ontario Supreme Court justice found 46-year-old Kevin Gregson guilty on Wednesday of four counts of sexual assault causing bodily harm and four counts of sexual interference, and sentenced him to 10 years in prison.
The victim told court Gregson raped her four times over the span of a few days.
The assaults occurred before Const. Eric Czapnik was stabbed to death Dec. 29, 2009 while he sat in his patrol car at the Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus.
Gregson was convicted last March of first-degree murder in the officer's killing and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years.
He had been dismissed by the RCMP in 2006 for disciplinary and behavioural problems and was appealing that dismissal at the time of the killing.
Read more Canada News
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play
- 200 flee foothills fires in Alberta
- Hadfield: Social media's Space Oddity
- Evacuation orders from Alberta wildfires
- Mother's heart broken on Mother's Day
- Bodychecking banned in Nova Scotia