Woman has acid thrown in her face
Aug 29, 2012 / 10:09 am
A Quebec woman is in an induced coma and has her face covered in bandages after having corrosive acid thrown in her face.
More than 4,000 messages of support on Facebook have rolled in for Tanya St-Arnauld.
The 29-year-old St-Arnauld remains in hospital with burns to her body.
Police in Longueuil, south of Montreal, arrested Nikolas Stefanatos shortly after the Sunday morning attack.
Police say Stefanatos is St-Arnauld's boyfriend.
He appeared in court Monday and was charged with aggravated assault.
A police spokesman says investigators have not yet been able to question St-Arnauld because of her condition.
Stefanatos is to appear in court for a bail hearing on Friday.
Read more Canada News
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day