Wife, 23, of Senator, 69, goes to court
Aug 28, 2012 / 4:43 am
The 23-year-old wife of a 69-year-old Manitoba senator will appear in domestic violence court today in Saskatoon.
Maygan Sensenberger was released on bail Monday on conditions including that she not have contact with her husband of one year, Senator Rod Zimmer.
Sensenberger was arrested last week on charges she caused a disturbance on a plane and endangered the safety of the aircraft.
Witnesses say Zimmer started having health problems on the flight and police allege Sensenberger yelled about bringing down the plane and threatened her husband.
Domestic violence court is a separate part of provincial court that allows an individual who pleads guilty to take counseling and address substance abuse problems they may have.
The court's website says any accused would not be sentenced until after they complete the counseling or substance abuse programs.
Read more Canada News
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada