Pre-packaged salad possibly tainted
Jul 18, 2012 / 7:07 am
Federal health officials are warning people not to eat a pre-packaged salad product because it may be contaminated with the Listeria bacteria.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says the Earth Greens brand Organic Italian Blend salad was made in the United States and distributed by Sobeys Quebec Inc.
The affected product is sold in a 198 gram plastic clamshell package bearing UPC 8 18431 00107 3 with a best before date of July 13. The lot code is 2217915MI.
This product has been distributed in Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario and Nunavut.
The CFIA says there have been no reported illnesses linked to eating this salad.
Sobeys Quebec Inc. is recalling the affected product from store shelves and the CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
Read more Canada News
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa
- Mom and 5-year-old killed in Calgary
- Cocaine video & Toronto's mayor
- Duffy quits Conservative caucus
- Liquor Control Board averts strike